Summer has come to an end, kiddos are back in school, sweaters are everywhere and so are those super delicious pumpkin spice lattes! It’s also the time when many of us schedule our family photo sessions.
Imagine this…you’ve found the perfect photographer to capture those toothless smiles or the growing that you still can’t stop despite your best efforts. Now, you’re facing the dreaded task of figuring out what to have everyone wear! The fear can be real but it doesn’t have to be.
Don’t worry, I offer styling for family photos! I know that figuring out the best attire for your photo session can be challenging and time-consuming. So if you are wanting help I make it super easy to purchase coordinating clothing items specifically chosen for your family. I will take into consideration existing wardrobe items, budget as well as your personal style and preferences. You can find out more here.
If you are a DIYer (or a glutton for punishment) here are some quick tips to inspire you and help you get started:
1. Start with Pinterestfor inspiration. Select images that appeal to you and see if there is a color palette that inspires you. I love using the current season’s Pantone colors as I style!
2. Lay your options out together so you can get a sense of what it’s going to look like.
3. Accessories should compliment your outfits. Don’t forget about shoes and socks, they often show in the pictures.
4. Don’t be matchy-matchy, coordinating looks for your family is the key (but not like this!).
5. Make sure everyone is comfortable so you get smiles not frowns!
As a Personal Stylist, working with families for photo sessions is one of my favorite services. Let me help you cross this very important task off your to-do list and save you some time during this hectic time of year!
Stylishly Yours, Christina