This post is a personal one, so proceed with caution! Usually I’m blogging about styling advice, however, I recently discovered an incredible program that ties into my motto of looking and feeling your best! In April, I decided that I was going to start a program called the FASTer Way to Fat Loss and I am so happy I took the leap! Over the last year, I’d noticed that my typical workout and diet weren’t effective anymore. I didn’t want to settle for the “it happens with age” comments. Next thing I know a blogger that I followed was sharing her killer results and experience with this program and I was in! After just 6 weeks I couldn’t be happier and can’t wait to start my second round next week. My experience has been so great that I couldn’t help but share it!
OK, so here is the skinny (pun intended!) on the FASTer Way. The online program was created by Amanda Tress. She and her team, as well as a Facebook group of women in the program, are there to support you and serve as your accountability partners. You have a weekly workout and diet guidelines created for you to follow. The program combines intermittent fasting along with carb cycling and targeted workout plans (cardio and lifting weights) to achieve your goals. Intermittent fasting? Exactly, this was a new one for me. What happens is we leave our body in digestive rest longer and have a shorter window of caloric intake. You are still eating the same amount of calories that your body needs for your fat loss goals but you do it in a shorter window. This allows your body to go into digestive rest which is better for your immune system and to burn fat. We track our daily caloric intake making sure that we are eating “the right” proportions of carbs, fats, and proteins each day (with the exception of the low carbs days each week).
As a busy working mom of two and wife, I’ve really enjoyed the ability to have a life! I enjoy my desserts and wine still! I just don’t do it as frequently or plan my harder workout days around extra indulgences. To me, its a lifestyle not a quick fix. I have a few more days of my first round so I haven’t taken my final measurements or weighed myself (seriously, not once in 6 weeks as Amanda promises to kick you out!). It’s a great mindset, that the scale gives you a number that doesn’t matter. BUT my clothes fit better, I feel healthier, stronger, and am more confident. Here is my before and almost after picture so you can see my progress.
I’ve signed up for the next round and it’s starting June 12! I’m hoping that I will continue to see progress on my goals (can we say #sixpack) as well as helping my new eating habits become a routine. You can join me by signing up today, there are only a few spots left for Monday!!! If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask! I’m so glad that I asked about this program and want to help you feel good on the inside with this program and on the outside with my styling tips! #fitmama
With summertime fast approaching I’ve got a seasonal style tip to help you look and feel fabulous! For several years now the skinny jean was the “it look” but there is an emerging trend that I’m highly recommending to my clients – bootcut cropped denim! Are you wondering how to style it or what to pair it with? If so, keep reading because I’ve got some great ideas for you, including, a few styles I’ve found that are flattering for many silhouettes.
Guidelines for Easy Styling:
1. The length should be just above the ankle – if it’s too long or too short it just doesn’t work.
2. Tuck in your shirt or tie it at the waist to show off the figure-flattering higher waist.
3. Don’t over-do the distressing – with the added drama of the shape you don’t want to draw away from the line you are creating.
4. Not sure what shoes to pair with them. Adding height is always good. The block heel is a perfect combination. If you can’t do a heel wear a mule.
5. This doesn’t have to be a casual look. Bring the denim to the office with a structured jacket or blazer and classic shoe.
Here’s how I wore mine:
Here are 3 cropped denim options that will bring this trend to life for everyone! From left to right below…
I hope that these ideas inspire you to try a new trend this summer! If you have questions or want to work with me, let’s chat. If you’re interested in any of these items, click the link or head to my Pinterest board for another peak!
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, I’ve got some great ideas to help you find the perfect gift. Although I don’t know the special Mom in your life, I’ve picked a range of ideas that are on trend and will appeal to virtually every Mom. I hope this inspires you to celebrate that special Mom in your life and that this Mother’s Day is fabulous! Simply click on the image below to “Pin” the entire board to your Pinterest board for quick reference or to make finding each item easier I’ve made two quick-link options for you, just click on the grey numbers or names!
WHY I LOVE THESE GIFTS
1. Marc Jacob Handbag: This one is perfect for most Moms. What woman doesn’t need a fresh handbag for spring? This is the season’s must-have color and is a gorgeous pallet to pair with just about anything.
2. Farmgirl Flowers: Flowers are the quintessential gift for those Mama’s near or far. This company designs each bouquet by hand and sources their flowers from American farms with high ethical standards. Gotta love that and they deliver to most places in the country.
3. All-Clad Crockpot: Do you have a Mom that loves to cook or needs to spend less time in the kitchen because of a busy schedule? This lovely tool can work for both! This high-end beauty is a win-win for both of you as Mom gets stress free cooking and you get to enjoy the delicious meals!
4. Styling Gift Certificate: Does that Mom in your life have plans to get family photos done this year? Wouldn’t it be special to give her the gift of a wall-worthy look for the family to go along with it? Christina Skally Styling has gift certificates available to help that Mom find the style they’ve been wanting and make it personalized for your family!
5.Graphic tee + Hat: For that stylish Mom that loves to be on-trend, this is a must! We are all busy Moms and somehow manage to get it all done…hence the Mom hustle and a hat for those busy days on the go.
6. Headphones+ Water Bottle: This is an awesome gift idea for those fit Mama’s that love to workout and stay active. The Beats and S’well bottle that I chose are in the most coveted colors right now!
7. Wash Bag+ Body Butter: These items are the perfect way to pamper that Mom who loves spa day. Give her this lovely little bag that’s waterproof to carry around just about anything and some amazing body butter to make her body feel great after she works so hard!
8. Bracelet+ Necklace: Most of us Moms love a little bling. Why not one that seems more personalized? I love this 14K gold number that you can get with her first initial. There is also a playful 14K gold necklace that would be great worm together or as another gift idea.
I hope this helps make your life a bit easier! If you’re a Mom and reading this you might want to share it with your loved ones! Wink, wink! Thank you for being such amazing women who inspire me every day to be a better Mom!
How sweet is it when you find a dress that is flattering, versatile, and easy on your wallet? I found the perfect dress from Nordstrom by Leith and I’m in love! Often people don’t know how to make a dress work for more than the occasion they bought it for. So I thought I would show you how to style this amazing dress three ways: casually, for work, or a night out!
Casual: I styled this look with a creamy duster cardigan I found at Nordstrom Rack for the cooler day. To bring the look to the next level I added some comfy peep-toe Toms booties in taupe, delicate layering necklaces by Gorjana and a Chloe blush handbag to pair with the Leith rose dress.
Work: Dresses for the office can be so easy, especially when you’re in a rush. I combined the rose dress with a crisp white blazer by J. Crew for spring. I love to roll the sleeves and pop the collar for a chic look. I added some Sam Edelman D’Orsay heels, a Kate Spade tote, and some handmade stacking bracelets for an instantly pulled-together look.
Night Out: I love a bit of edge for a night out so I layered the Leith dress with a blush Marc New York moto jacket. For a traffic-stopping look, I added a pair of Reaction strappy heels, a Coach clutch, and a statement necklace and I’m off!
P.S. I loved this dress so much I bought it in black too! I hope my styling ideas inspire you to get creative with things you already have! If you’d like a personalized look, I can also help with that. Just shoot me an email.
Wishing you a sweet spring!
This picture says it all…spring is on the way! I look at this picture and can imagine the bold blue sky and feel the warm sunshine gently kissing my skin. Are you as excited as I am to pull out the fresh spring styles that are inspired by this beautiful spring bud? Don’t get me wrong, I love my cozy layers, but I’m looking forward to adding splashes of these brilliant colors into my spring wardrobe. I know it’s just February but a girl can daydream, right?!
I decided that I needed to share with you a few ways to add these amazing Pantone Fashion Color selections effortlessly into your everyday wardrobe! You could do this by adding a splash of color with a subtle accent piece to your current look or you can commit to being a style diva and an all-over color! A great way to go monochromatic for beginners is denim. Mix a chambray shirt with your go-to denim, BAM, you’re in the game! It’s a statement yet so simple! Here are some ideas to help get you started.
I’m also loving the gorgeous pale dogwood color! Think blush or pale pink, it’s everywhere in the fashion world, and this one is perfect to incorporate into your closet for work or play. You can’t go wrong with a timeless blouse or even an on-trend graphic sweatshirt! You can even start now with the cozy off the shoulder sweater with the must-have bralette! Spring color with winter warmth, win, win!
I saved the Pantone Color of the Year for last: Greenery! This is a fun bold color that definitely makes a statement. You could gently add it in with some jewelry, shoes or maybe a patterned shirt. You don’t have to be true to the boldness though. Make it your own, maybe you feel you look better in a dark green, then do it! Here are a few options that will compliment most closets.
I hope that these ideas inspire you to step up your fashion game in 2017! If you have questions or want to work with me, let’s chat. If you’re interested in any of these items, click the link or head to my Pinterest board for another look! In closing, my best styling advice is to have fun with it and be confident. Really, self-confidence is the best outfit you can have, rock it and own it!
Can you believe it’s almost 2017? Where did the year go?
Are you ready for New Years? I’m setting some #goals for the upcoming year that I’m definitely excited for! But before we get into resolutions, what are you going to wear to that get-together or your special night out? I decided to put together some fun looks to pair with my new tee from Evereve! The rest of the looks I scored either from Nordstromor Nordstrom Rack and the links are available below.
I love this look for New Years and beyond. This outfit is so cozy and chic and these leggings are amazing! I’m not sure why I waited so long to get them!
This skirt adds instant glam to any look! Add a statement necklace or any bling and some heels for a traffic-stopping look!
I hope my styling ideas inspire you to bring your look to a new level in 2017. If you’d like a personalized look for your event I can also help with that. Just shoot me an email.
Wishing you a successful and stylish new year!