With summertime fast approaching I’ve got a seasonal style tip to help you look and feel fabulous! For several years now the skinny jean was the “it look” but there is an emerging trend that I’m highly recommending to my clients – bootcut cropped denim! Are you wondering how to style it or what to pair it with? If so, keep reading because I’ve got some great ideas for you, including, a few styles I’ve found that are flattering for many silhouettes.
Guidelines for Easy Styling:
1. The length should be just above the ankle – if it’s too long or too short it just doesn’t work.
2. Tuck in your shirt or tie it at the waist to show off the figure-flattering higher waist.
3. Don’t over-do the distressing – with the added drama of the shape you don’t want to draw away from the line you are creating.
4. Not sure what shoes to pair with them. Adding height is always good. The block heel is a perfect combination. If you can’t do a heel wear a mule.
5. This doesn’t have to be a casual look. Bring the denim to the office with a structured jacket or blazer and classic shoe.
Here’s how I wore mine:
Here are 3 cropped denim options that will bring this trend to life for everyone! From left to right below…
I hope that these ideas inspire you to try a new trend this summer! If you have questions or want to work with me, let’s chat. If you’re interested in any of these items, click the link or head to my Pinterest board for another peak!